Carl Froch will make the first defence of his IBF super-middleweight title against American Yusaf Mack on November 17.
The Nottingham veteran should enjoy a relatively straightforward task on home turf at the Capital FM Arena after winning the belt in May.
Froch, 35, destroyed unbeaten champion Lucian Bute in five rounds to snatch the title and continue a remarkable run of fights against elite opposition. Now he has been rewarded with a slightly less daunting night's work against Mack, who is ranked at number six by the IBF at light-heavyweight.
"The Bute win will go down as one of the greatest nights of my life and I plan on doing something special against Mack," Froch, a three-time world champion, said.
"He's got nothing to lose coming here to face me and I know he'll put it all on the line to take the title from me so I'll be fully prepared for everything he's got and I'll be hitting him with all my best."
Philadelphian Mack, 32, has a record of 31-4-2 with 17 early wins. All four of his defeats were stoppages but he has only lost to decent opposition, with an unsuccessful challenge for Tavoris Cloud's IBF light-heavyweight title last June his most recent defeat.
Promoter Eddie Hearn said: "I'm delighted to have secured a home defence for Carl, no-one deserves it more.
"He will be fully focused on the fight with Mack, a much bigger man who will be coming to rip that world title from his grasp."
A number of possible opponents had been speculated upon and approached by Froch's promoter Eddie Hearn, including South Africa's Thomas Oosthuizen.
Froch (29-2, 21KOs) will then have a contracted rematch with Bute next March, in the Canadian's Montreal stronghold, before setting his sights on old foe Mikkel Kessler.